The MeEO Profile™ 2013 – present
We believe that the greatest gift you can give to the world is your authentic self! By combining the latest digital technology with expert cinematography for authentic self expression, the MeEO Profile™ is a professionally produced video that shows the real you in the best light that helps you stand out in a crowded marketplace.
Villanova Executive MBA Alumni Association 2011 – present
Villanova EMBA Alumni Association operates as a non-profit. This unpaid rotational assignment provides members of the EMBA Alumni to continue the life-long experience of this top-ranked MBA program.
President (2011 – 2012); Chair (2012 – present)
- Led the production of an executive level one-day conference on Innovation and Collaboration to support learning and networking. This resulted in fortified relationships among alumni as well as high scores on evaluation forms.
- Drove initiative to transition the Board into a new era. Led the creation of a new structure to optimize relationships with university staff and capitalize on the value available for the members of the EMBA alumni. The outcomes included improved processes for creating on-going opportunities for networking and learning with and from one another as well as others in the Villanova and business communities.
ValueProp Interactive § Malvern, Pennsylvania 2011 – Present
ValueProp Interactive provides training, coaching, and other resources such as e-books and e-courses to help marketing teams create and successfully execute their go-to-market strategies.
Contract Director of Consulting
- Lead $5M parts distributorship through growth strategies to double the size of business in 5 years by working closely with business owners in setting clear and actionable direction.
- Oversaw the generation of new customer touch-point opportunities such as new email campaigns and product demonstrations. These activities broadened market awareness and yielded an immediate up-tick in sales – much of it from cross selling.
Vonarx Systems, LLC § Exton, Pennsylvania 2008 – Present
Vonarx Systems specializes in providing contract COO services and consulting in intra-company relationships for the small and medium sized business environment.
- Provided coaching and intra-company relationship consulting for medium-sized company in the tele- and satellite communications industry. Worked with Executive team to define pain points in striving to achieve a more engaging and trust-based working relationship across two key divisions.
- Actively contribute to www.mattgormanlive.com and www.vuaee.wordpress.com blog sites providing thought leadership and insight for everyday challenges challenges in leadership, management, innovation and collaboration.
Compliance Implementation Services, LLC § Media, Pennsylvania 2009 – 2010
Compliance Implementation Services (CIS) is a consulting firm specializing in compliance strategies for the pharmaceutical industry, from Global Clinical Research and Development, through Manufacturing, U.S. Commercial Compliance, and Government Programs.
Director, Government Pricing Programs
- Led a change management initiative by meeting one-on-one with 8 employees, re-focused the team’s efforts to improve morale and productivity by rewarding valuable contribution. This resulted in the rapid turnaround of a declining business unit from operating at a loss of $500K to being profitable in less than six months.
- Directed a 9-person technical development and client delivery team to collaborate on an innovative client services solution that was in compliance with pharmaceutical statutory price reporting, resulting in a greater than 50% reduction in man-hours required to create the reports.
- Dramatically improved departmental productivity by creating employee development plans focused on optimizing employees’ strengths and growth opportunities, working in partnership to create meaningful goals towards both individual and team successes. The resulting contributions led to promotions and retention of high performing employees.
- Led a team of 3 to develop a live marketing demo of newly developed client service offerings in producing statutory pricing reports in the pharmaceuticals industry. Trained team members to present the demo to a dozen prospective clients one-on-one and in webinar format, resulting in increased market awareness of the newly developed solution.
- Turned around a negative client relationship by listening to the client’s viewpoint, communicating the criticality of timing, and influencing his team to provide their pharmaceutical sales data to our team in accordance with contractually agreed upon timelines. This enabled the client to successfully meet statutory deadlines, avoid penalties, comply with government reporting regulations, and improved the working relationship going forward.
Kromite, LLC § Feasterville, Pennsylvania 2008 – 2009
Kromite is a leading strategic advisory firm that specializes in the application of decision science to help clients make strategic decisions, manage risk, and create value.
- Coordinated the efforts of a 4-person Product Portfolio Management Team to keep the project on schedule and managing to the budgeted number of hours, resulting in delivery of the project at 3% under budget.
- Produced custom decision support models for clients in the pharmaceuticals industry to aid in the complex task of making therapeutic and molecular investment decisions.
KPMG LLP § Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 1997 – 2008
Manager, Advisory Services
- Coordinated the efforts of 18 Subject Matter Professionals and four instructional designers to develop 9 technology courses that were used to train several hundred employees on emerging trends in distinct areas of technology consulting, receiving an average score of 9 out of 10 on participant evaluation forms for course content and quality.
- Led ERP (SAP) process stream implementation, change management and regulatory compliance auditing for a number of Fortune 500 clients in the pharmaceutical, food, and chemical industries.
- Developed and delivered 12 two to three day training sessions in 6 locations in less than 2 months that taught 160 of the client’s employees on the use of SAP (materials management module) resulting in average of 4.5 out of 5 evaluation scores from class participants.
- Used VB scripting in Excel to create automated routines for populating, reviewing and processing pricing data for pharmaceutical industry clients, reducing the number of analyst hours for data review and assessments by over 50%.
- Developed service offering for clients in the pharmaceuticals industry for optimizing their relationships with Clinical Research Organizations (CROs).
Jacob’s Engineering Group § Conshohocken, Pennsylvania 1991 – 1996
Database Design Support / Data Analysis
- Using mostly self-taught knowledge, built VB script macros to automate repeated data loads and extractions for testing of a database driven distributed-control biotech manufacturing system that greatly reduced the time required for these tasks.
- Leveraged new technology to streamline and centralize shipping process for 250 person engineering firm, significantly reducing the amount of time required by the administrative staff to prepare items and documents for express shipping from several minutes to a less than a minute per shipment.